Novice to Beginner Skill Levels
Description of Novice to Beginner Riders:
- I have 0-24 months experience mountain biking.
- I really enjoy mountain biking but feel that I could improve.
- I enjoy smooth and open trails, but narrow windy technical trails intimidate me.
- I know how to shift and how to brake, but my timing isn’t always great.
- I can corner, but I’m not confident cornering with speed or in loose conditions, and switch backs give me grief.
- I’m not sure about correct body position and when to stand up or stay in the saddle.
- I end up starting and stopping a lot on trails as roots and rocks get in my way.
- I don’t always feel in control of my bike and that is at times scary!